This award recognises an individual or teams working in the pharmaceutical sector on the research and commercial development of new products and/or new processes. This can include bringing a new product to the marketplace, discovering, or creating a unique material, transferring a research or technology development to practice, improving the performance of an existing product or creating a new simulation or design tools. Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information, backed up by evidence, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying attention to the criteria listed below.
- Research Program: Outline your research program and how you have achieved it. Detail significant milestones achieved.
- Originality: Outline the originality of the research/ work carried out. How competitive is your research?
- Outcomes: Quality of publications and/or patents/ or software. The company must submit details of previous relevant publications, patents or prizes.
- Innovation: The company must have a track record of innovation and technical creativity – what is the intellectual content? They must demonstrate the degree of innovation in research and their commercial potential.
- Impact: What is the societal and commercial Impact of the contribution – has it made a difference in the marketplace and global community? Is it something that will benefit people's lives for the better? Improve the standard of living for large numbers of people, save lives, promote good health?
- Challenges: What was the magnitude of the challenges that were overcome? What was the degree of difficulty?