This award is open any company in the United Kingdom’s pharma industry that has used operational excellence as a critical driver to ensure processing and manufacturing efficiency and excellence. Achieving operational excellence is a challenge, with many companies setting successful examples time and again. Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information, backed up by evidence, that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for a clear plan and evidence that it is delivering on core objectives, paying attention to the criteria listed below.
- Operational Efficiency: How have you reduced down-time, ensured faster product changeover and reduced cycle time to increase efficiency?
- Innovation: Please include details of any unique efforts or processes that have been employed, demonstrating the degree of innovation and commercial potential. Have you employed any innovative approaches to cGMPs or applied the principles of Lean/Six Sigma to increase operational efficiency?
- Quality standards: How have you maintained or increased quality of product or process through operational excellence?
- Budgetary Efficiency: Detail how you have managed budgets by reduced cost of goods, reduced labour and reduced working capital.
- Other facts & statements: Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry, e.g., testimonials/graphs/charts or other supporting items where possible.